Baked Cheesy Squash Blossoms
- 8 fresh picked squash blossoms (picked in the morning when the blossoms are open)
- 8 slivers of cheese (about the size of half your pinky finger)
- Bread crumbs, seasoned with powdered garlic and dried herbs of your preference
- 1 egg
- Olive oil, for drizzling on pan
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Coat a small baking dish with olive oil.
- Beat egg with a tablespoon of water to make an egg wash, basically.
- Gently shove cheese in blossom and dip in egg wash. Then roll in seasoned bread crumbs and place on greased baking pan.
- Bake until cheese is melted and the outside is crisp, maybe 10 min or so.