A large flowerbed near the entrance of the Leuda May apartments has become overgrown. Part of the problem is a huge rosemary bush. It needed to be trimmed back so that it didn’t extend too far out of the bed but I didn’t want to waste rosemary.
So, I decided to make a wreath.
I cut an errant rose vine to make a strong, flexible circle and secured it with some yarn. Then I harvested a kitchen sink full of rosemary, which turned out to be not quite enough. I cut the rosemary in bunches about six to eight inches long when I harvested it.
To make my wreath, I bunched up a sprig or two and tied it to the rose vine with dark green yarn. I did this all the way around until I completed the circle with all the rosemary going in the same direction.
It looked plain. So I went back outside and cut some lavender sprigs to add in.
It would probably look a lot better with a bow but I don’t have a big enough one (and don’t want to buy one). It looks a little worse now that it has fully dried, too.
Lesson learned: I’m no Martha Stewart. I should probably just stick to growing and cooking the rosemary.
On the other hand, I haven’t removed the wreath and disposed the evidence of my semi-hideous craft project. It smells too nice to do that. Next time I think I’ll just bunch the sprigs and tie a bow around them before hanging them with a ribbon.